OGC Tiling Interfaces Code Sprint.
The Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) invites software developers to the OGC Tiling Interfaces Code Sprint, to be held from June 12th to 14th 2023 in St Louis, Missouri, United States. The code sprint will be held at the Moonshot labs of the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA). Participation in the code sprint is free. Registration for in-person participation extended to June 12th. Registration for remote participation will remain open throughout the code sprint.
The code sprint will focus on the following standards and specifications:
- OGC API - Tiles defines building blocks for creating Web APIs that support the retrieval of geospatial information as tiles.
- OGC API - Maps describes an API that can serve spatially referenced and dynamically rendered electronic maps.
- Changesets API that is based on Testbed-15 outcomes and provides the foundation for a 'Transactional Tiles API Extension' for OGC API – Tiles.
- Vector Tiles Extension to GeoPackage that describes a prototype extension of the OGC GeoPackage Standard to support the use of vector tiles technology
- Variable Width Tile Matrix is a grid suited for the whole globe, that keeps the data in a geographic coordinate reference system.
- Web Map Tile Service (WMTS) defines a web service that can serve map tiles of spatially referenced data using tile images with predefined content, extent, and resolution. Developers of implementations of the OGC WMTS Standard, DGIWG WMTS profile, and the NSG WMTS profile are encouraged to attend.
The code sprint will be a hybrid event, with the in-person element held at the following address:Moonshot Labs
911 Washington Avenue, Suite 300
St. Louis, MO 63101
United States of America
Venue website: https://www.nga.mil/resources/Moonshot_Labs.html
Registration for in-person participation extended to June 12th.
Registration for remote participation will remain open throughout the code sprint.
Directions to venue (see T-Rex website): https://downtowntrex.org/contact/
The code sprint begins at 09:00 AM EDT on June 12th with an onboarding session, and ends at 5:00 PM EDT each day. To learn more about future and previous OGC code sprints, visit the OGC Code Sprints webpage ( https://www.ogc.org/initiatives/ogcsprints/) or join the OGC-Events discord server ( https://discord.com/invite/3uyaZZuXr3 ).