Earth Science track: ESS DWG
Local Time: 06/28/2017 : 08:00 AM - 08:50 AM [NDT (Newfoundland Daylight Time)]
EDT Time: 06/28/2017 : 06:30 AM - 07:20 AM [ - US/Eastern]
See Fixed Time World Clock Website
Room: Fort William, Salon B
Remote Participation: hosted by de La Beaujardiere, Jeff
- Earth Science track: ESS DWG Agenda
- Setup (5min)
- NextGEOSS project update (15min)
- Report from EarthCube Project “Advancing netCDF/CF for the Geosciences”: Incorporating Simple Geometries (15min)
- David Arctur
- During the last year, this NSF EarthCube funded project has explored a number of extensions to netCDF/CF. This talk will be about the addition of Simple Geometries, which may be of interest to users wishing to exchange, eg, time series for polyline and polygon features, not just point features. Note: there’s a possibility this could be expanded to mention work for representing swaths, if that’s ready for public comment by the TC.
- Discussion: Topics for the wider ESS track (15min)
- Chris Little
- a. What is a good division of the ESS Domain? E.g. does it make sense to abolish Met Ocean DWG (No!) or merge.
- b. What are the big topics common to all of ESS? E.g. cross domain, Big Data, Data query patterns, REST and service APIs, W3C not OGC, registries of code lists/taxonomies/ontologies, both generic and domain specific, etc.